Clients haven’t been sure how to choose between React Native and Swift. Choosing the right technology stack has only one goal: to make the app stand out on the market.
If you want to make an app for the iOS platform, you need to know what technology works best for its users. Today’s projects need technology that will be the app’s backbone in the future and help it run better.
So, if you’re still having trouble deciding which technology to use for your iOS mobile app development, stay tuned. The blog will shed some light on which tools will be most helpful. Let’s discuss React Native and Swift’s advantages and disadvantages.
What is Swift Programming?
Apple, one of the most important tech companies, backs the Swift programming language. The language came out in 2014, and it is a compiled programming language for applications on iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS, and Linux apps.
Surprisingly, Swift was mostly made to replace Objective C, a language that was made in the 1980s. When developers made iOS apps with Swift, they could use a much more powerful programming language.
Also, Swift gave developers confidence that the new language is safe, fast, and better at expressing ideas. Also, the language is always changing and becoming more popular with clients.
What is React Native?
Facebook made the popular open-source framework React Native around the year 2015. The best thing about making a React Native app is that it comes with a lot of help and documentation.
The great thing about React Native is that you can even use the code from your mobile app on your desktop app and the web.
Now, let’s look at some use cases of React Native and Swift. Hence, this would give you a better understanding of their concept.
React Native Vs Swift – Application Architecture
All About React Native:
All About Swift:
When we talk about Swift architecture that is used in Swift, they are as follows:
When we talk about choosing clean architecture, it uses the Xcode templates for generating components. Interestingly, these Xcodes work beautifully in the long run, as it becomes easier for the developer to make changes in the future.
When we talk about MVC, it lacks coding, making it challenging to write and maintain the application.
Lastly, Viper with Swift UI aids in separating functions; this makes it easier for the developers to test and maintain the application. Moreover, Viper aids in making faster app development.
We hope you got a basic idea about the system architecture of both technologies. But the question again stands: in react native vs. swift, which technology will work best for your iOS app development, let’s take a look at some applications built with React Native and Swift.
Use Cases – Swift vs. React Native
Swift App Development for iOS Platform
- Suitable for apps with higher complexities.
- Apps that require regular updates.
- Advanced security applications.
- Fulfills higher memory management needs.
- High complexity apps.
- Premium Applications.
React Native App Development for iOS Platform
- Works well for quick prototype applications.
- Create React Native Apps with Simplified UI
- Built Web Apps with reusable components.
- Primarily used for customer-facing applications.
Although these are the usages of both the technology, there are a few drawbacks you should be aware of, so let’s quickly discuss the pros and cons of each technology.
Which Is Better: React Native or iOS Swift?
- Swift: Need to make a complicated program? Do you want or need to add more than one user interface? Without a doubt, the Swift app is one of the best ways to build this kind of app. Also, Swift is the best choice because it is reliable and safe. Developers say that this technology works better for apps that do more.
- React Native: We all know that React Native came out in 2015. Even though it’s new, this technology is becoming more popular on the market. Most clients now ask the app development company to make an app in React Native, which is an interesting change. We can say with confidence that the app’s results are amazing.
- Swift: Even though Swift is a bit older than React Native, it is not as well known, especially compared to React Native. Many reports say that the market for it is growing. So, we can hope that in the future, more people will want to use Swift technology.
But the problem can be fixed by integrating third-party apps. Also, these problems can be fixed by finding a way around them.
- Swift: When we talk about the platform Swift, even the most complicated apps run very quickly. Also, Swift has always been the best way to build iOS apps in terms of performance.
The application works better overall thanks to simple syntax and standard libraries. When we compare Swift to Objective C, Swift works 2.6 times faster. Also, when it comes to how well React Native and Swift work, Swift wins.
So, when we compare how well React Native and Swift work, Swift comes out on top.
4. User Experience
- React Native: Every day, React Native gets better for its users. There are bugs in the React Native app, and as more and more iOS apps come out, there will be more bugs to find. On top of that, there are things like activity indicators, snap carousels, and a fixed header for Scroll views that make the user experience better.
- Swift: As it is easy to add native tools and API to a Swift app, which gives its users a smooth experience, it gets a bonus point. You can also add more features, which makes it much easier and faster to deploy the app.
5. Hiring Developers
- React Native: Want to hire native React developers? Well, companies that do native app development in different countries have good developers. But the cost of development varies from one country to the next. In the US, for example, the cost of development starts at $80 per hour. And in European countries, it costs about $80,000 a year to hire developers.
But in India, it costs between $3600 and $4000 per month to hire react native developers. You can talk to a company that makes apps and find out more about React Native developers.
- Swift: If you’re thinking about swift development, you should know that the level of expertise of swift developers is a very important factor. But, once more, with more skill comes a higher price.
In the United States, the average cost of a developer is between $90 and $120 per hour. It would start at about $70 an hour in European countries. And in India, it will cost between $3500 and $4000 per month to hire iPhone app developers.
Cost Comparison of iOS Swift vs React Native
The features you want the app development business to include will entirely determine the complexity of the basic React Native application that is created. Similar to this, the cost of developing a Swift application would depend on its characteristics.
Swift’s development time against React Native’s?
According to your application’s needs, the development time may vary. The time will not be determined by the technology you choose, either. It might sometimes depend on the features you select to include in the application.
Final Words: React Native vs Swift
Well, there is a need for both React Native and Swift. So, if you make an app for either of these platforms, it might help your app stand out in the market.
You need to find a company that makes iPhone apps and asks them to make your app. They would have experts who can look at your app and help you as it is being made.
And for this endeavour, AppleTech can help you out. We have the expertise and experience to build the iOS application you want for your business.
We're Here To Help!
A-FF/02 Mayfair Corporate Park