Many technologies are available in the market that allows app developers to create feature-rich mobile apps with extravagant characteristics. That’s when “Stack” terminology came into existence. However, the Stack can be categorized into: the Stack of Technology and Stack of Applications.
To build apps, you need a stack of different technologies. The market for web and mobile application development is expanding every day. There is always a buzz about choosing the best stack for custom app development.
At present, software programs must have a robust infrastructure to sustain in a volatile environment. And developers are responsible for choosing the right stack for maximum scalability, performance, and flexibility. It is very crucial that you understand what a stack is and how it can bring a world of opportunities when deployed to your project.
To make that right decision, developers must have clarity about the features of stacks, cost-effectiveness, and other related benefits.
What Do You Mean by Stack?
Agile development is gaining wide-spread popularity, and enterprises need to have the best of technological infrastructures to utilize its full potential and maximize ROI. By a technology stack, we refer to a combination of compatible technologies and programming languages.
Development stacks are generally of two types – technology stack and application stack. These stacks are used to build web and mobile applications. The former is a cross-disciplinary term in the process of software development.
In a nutshell, stack technology consists of suitable programming language, patterns, libraries, tools, frameworks, and UI/UX solutions software.
So, before choosing which stack is best: Full Stack vs MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack, we recommend you to consider the following pointers. This will surely help you choose the right tech stack for your upcoming project.
- Understand your project requirements and their goal
- Agility introduction
- Go beyond project requirement for better audience
- The final development cost
Full Stack technology refers to a set of tools and programming languages that a full stack developer works on both the front-end and the back-end of an application or website. It means, Full Stack developers can work on Full Stack of an application meaning Front End Technology, Back End Development Languages, Version Controlling Systems, Server, APIs, and Database. Hence, the name “Full Stack” Developer.
Here, the developer has the ability to design the best UI/UX and multiple technologies at the backend. The developers begin development work from scratch and go up to delivering the entire functional site or app.
Full-stack comprises four critical software solutions:
- Mobile app
Traditionally, companies hire experienced people in one of the departments. However, as modern workplaces evolve, the demand for skilled candidates in additional technologies also increases. Some of the key competencies are given below:
- Backend: Python, PHP, NodeJS, ExpressJS, GO, Caching, Django, Middleware, etc.
- Database: Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, SQLite, Clusters etc.
- Mobile Apps: iOS and Android
- DevOps: CI/CD pipelines, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) creation
Typically, full-stack web developer is responsible for managing the project design structure. Based on the project requirements, the developer may switch development roles. Moreover, since Mern Vs Mean Stack developers are technically knowledgeable, they can quickly identify errors and offer solutions across different web architecture streams. As a result, full stack development is the right choice for small and mid-sized enterprises working in a compartmentalized way.
Therefore, many organizations are rigorously trying to hire full stack developers who can build the complete web or application from scratch without any discontinuation in the process.
|Successful Team Management||Full stack application development reduces the burden of hiring developers, making team management easier. You will have to hire a few developers for the development. Therefore, communication becomes easier with a small team, more transparency, and ideas can flow freely among team members.|
|Easy to Switch||A full stack developer is versatile enough to switch between multiple technologies whenever It’s required. This is especially important while working on a large project, where A/B testing is more effective than planning.|
|Multiple Technologies Expertise||A full stack programmer has good knowledge and expertise in different technologies, like front-end, back-end and database.|
|Faster Project Deployment||Full-stack web application development takes less time than any other development type as only fewer developers are involved. Hence, they can switch their roles and complete work in a given time.|
Also, the following are other benefits you can leverage:
- Easy to switch between frontend and backend development depending on the project requirement
- Oversee design infrastructure of the project and work on the required level during full stack web application development
- Save cost by hiring a full-stack programmer instead of dedicated frontend and backend experts
- Easy to upgrade with the latest tools and technology
- Flexibility to move from one task to another as per project requirement
- The best option for small and medium enterprises
MEAN Stack Development
MEAN Stack is widely accepted across industries, and developers are in demand. The developers enjoy the benefits of several compatible time optimization tools for system administration. MEAN Stack developers also make sure web apps, websites, and APIs are deployed easily and solve complex development challenges.
MEAN stack developers are also in high demand since they work with a technology that allows them to produce high-performance digital solutions that are quick to build and execute.
Many big companies like Shutterstock, Tumblr, Forbes, YouTube, Flick, and PayTm use the MEAN stack for their mobile apps. These are the best MEAN stack projects in recent times.
MEAN Stack Components
- MongoDB: Document-based NoSQL database used for data storage in the form of JSON files
- Express.js: Back-end web app that runs on Node.js
- Angular: Best front-end web framework that runs JS code in user’s browser
- Node.js: It is a JS runtime environment to implement backend applications in JS
MEAN Stack Benefits
|Versatile Development||MEAN stack developers are versatile and proficient as they can easily switch between server and client-side operations. Besides, they have access to a standard coding language, which further simplifies the development process.|
|Isomorphic Coding||MEAN stack developers leverage the codebase sharing feature, so they don’t have to write separate code for iOS and Android applications. This allows them to write a code once and execute it for both platforms individually. This is referred to as isomorphic coding – an inherent feature of MEAN web stack development. It also means development time and cost will be reduced.|
|Faster Development Speed||With MEAN web stack development, developers can build an application quickly. This ability to build the solution more quickly is especially useful while developing the MVP version of the app.|
|Scalable Testing||The applications created using the MEAN stack are also easier to test, just like development testing. Furthermore, suppose the developers are using cloud-based solutions to develop and test the solution. In that situation, it is also simpler than what they will experience while using other technologies to develop the same solution.|
Also, the following are other benefits you can leverage with MEAN Stack development:
- Model View Controller (MVC) architecture support for a smooth process of development
- Resists redundant grunt work to keep web app development organized
- Get the best of MongoDB, Angular JS, Node.JS, and Express.JS – 4 exceptional technologies
- A built-in extensive tool testing suite
- An open-source framework backed by excellent community support
MERN Stack Development
It comprises several open-source components such as MongoDB, React, Node.js, and Express.js. These components help provide end-to-end framework support to developers.
MERN Stack is fast becoming popular, and it is a powerful technology to use. MERN Stack comprises of the technologies like:
- MongoDB: It is an open-source, document-based database
- Express.js: It is a fast and minimalist web framework used for Node.js
There are many similarities between the MEAN stack and the MERN stack. However, the only difference is that while the MEAN stack uses Angular tools for building frontend web apps, the MERN stack uses React instead.
Many large enterprises like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, DropBox, and Netflix are using the mobile apps built with MERN Stack.
MERN Stack Benefits
|MongoDB Benefits||As we know, MongoDB is used as a database management and development solution in the MERN stack development. This allows developers to store data in flexible JSON file documents. Hence, developers find it easier to combine data with JSON-like file storage.|
|Dynamic Schema||MERN stack technologies provide a flexible data model with a dynamic schema. These features come up with powerful GUI and command-line tools. Finally, developers find that the MERN stack technology is faster, better, and more customized to build applications.|
|End-to-end Development||Developers can use the MERN stack to work in a full-stack development environment. In other words, they get everything they need to build full-scalable apps, including the latest frontend development tools and technologies, right in the stack.|
|Flexible and Scalable||MERN stack developers will appreciate scaling the solution as needed while working with this technology stack. Moreover, it also provides a lot of flexibility when it comes to developing solutions while maintaining consistency across data centers.|
Also, the following are other benefits you can leverage with MERN Stack development:
- Supports MVC architecture for a smooth development process
- Combination of the best technologies – MongoDB, React, Node.js and Express.js
- Offers extensive built-in suite to test tools
- It is an open-source framework backed by community support
Factors Affecting Your Decision
The main difference between MEAN and MERN Stack is that the former uses Angular, whereas the latter uses React JS.
Angular JS offers greater stability to the platform to maintain abstraction in the code and manage project files. ReactJS, on the other hand, allows code development on a rapid scale.
Now, let’s look at a broader perspective:
- Enterprise-level Projects: Do you want to build an enterprise-level app such as LinkedIn? In that case, you must maintain a complete architecture. That is the reason why the MEAN stack is more preferred. It gives an organized framework that supports MVC architecture. Even though MERN backs MVC design, only MEAN makes it easier to manage the coding and upgrade.
- UI Essentials: If you are looking for a sophisticated UI yet simple enough to render an app, go for the MERN framework. It generates a frame to display on the screen and ensure seamless user interaction.
- Third-party Support: MEAN uses Angular that comes with a default feature to support both HTTP calls and connect to the backend. On the contrary, React uses its libraries that bring in similar functionality. MEAN also looks after third-party extensions, while MERN needs additional configuration.
- Large-scale Apps: MEAN stack is a perfect choice for any eCommerce-based project. It acts as the backbone of all dynamic web apps and introduces a systematic method to create prototypes. MEAN web stack is also suited for full-stack development frameworks and large-scale projects.
- Niche Projects: MERN stack has the capability to allow developers to build and deploy apps right from ground-zero. React makes it easier to handle rapid data changes while delivering a brilliant user interface. MERN is best for smaller sample projects, be it single-page apps or mobile apps.
Hence, no framework is the perfect answer to all business objectives. You must research all the features, match them with the rapid development requirements, and choose diligently.
Head-to-Head Comparison: Full Stack vs MERN Stack vs MEAN Stack
|Factors||Full Stack||MEAN Stack||MERN Stack|
|Architecture||3 Tier Web Architecture||Upgrading and managing the code||Smooth UI Rendering|
|Third-Party Support||Offers various libraries such as jQuery, LESS, etc.||Offers different ready to use features||Requires additional libraries for supporting similar requests|
|Features||High Level||Moderate Level||High Level|
AppleTech is a top-notch next-gen full stack development company, providing dedicated full stack developers. Get the best Full Stack developer at affordable rates summing up with all your ideas. Share your requirements now!